Do you enjoy working within an ambitious team and creating safety-critical and smart products? If so, we’d love to have a cup of coffee with you at our office in Oisterwijk.
What does the role Safety Engineer involve?
As a Safety Engineer you work together with our Quality Assurance (QA) colleagues. You are responsible for the reliability, availability, maintainability, safety (RAMS) and security requirements of our products. You verify that all safety requirements are met for both the development process and the product. You work in close liaison with the developers, testers, product owners and external assessors. You are the central source of information on the safety of our products.
Your core responsibilities are:
- to support & perform safety analysis (FMEA, FTA, DFA, HAZOP, etc.);
- to support the development team on functional safety concepts and requirements at system, hardware and software level;
- to participate in the sprint planning and review;
- to participate in consultations needed to evaluate the meaning of safety requirements and how the solution being developed meets those requirements;
- to update the Agile hazard log and safety case documentation;
- to ensure that the available information is accurate and clear;
- to facilitate the communication with external assessors.
- to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the product is functionally safe and complies with relevant standards (EN 50128, 50129, 61508).
Why choose Dual Inventive?
Dual Inventive is a growing company, where we believe in allowing individuals to build on their strengths. It is important to us that you enjoy coming to work. We operate in a dynamic environment with a flat, informal organisational structure.
You will be given autonomy to carry out your responsibilities, allowing you the space to implement your own ideas, helping improve the overall organisation.
Typical of the atmosphere are the Friday afternoon drinks, organised activities and the joint lunch in the canteen, so you can regularly catch up with your colleagues.
Who are we?
Established in 2008, Dual Inventive is an industry leading developer and worldwide supplier of technology innovations, focusing on the rail industry. Our ground-breaking portfolio of unrivalled products remains at the cutting edge of wireless technology. We deliver first-class workforce protection and sensing solutions in safety-critical environments, together with significant efficiencies and essential cost savings for our customers. We have a reputation for continuous innovation and exceptional quality and care in the services and products we provide to our customers.
The organisation is flat, there is an atmosphere of solidarity where everyone supports each other. The company consists of 65 enthusiasts. Together with subsidiaries Anyware, Arcobel, Core|Vision and The Decarbonisation Company, we are a team of over 100 colleagues.
What do we ask of you?
The position of Safety Engineer is a newly created role within our QA team. We are looking for a motivated colleague who takes initiative and fits into our fast-growing organisation. Do not consider our listed criteria as hard demands, but as a wish list.
- You have a degree or equivalent in Engineering/Science, preferably in IT, Systems Engineering, or Railway Engineering
- You have experience with the development of safety products (automotive/rail/medical devices) and management of safety requirements.
- You have knowledge of IT security measures.
- You have experience with the setup and maintenance of safety documentation.
- You have experience with risk assessment sessions.
- You can work effectively as part of a multidisciplined team.
- You have good communication skills in Dutch and English.
What will you get in return?
- The opportunity to develop yourself in an innovative and growing company that wants to bring out the best in its employees.
- 30 holidays.
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working.
- Attractive employment conditions package, including a good pension that is largely paid for by your employer.
Will you have that cup of coffee with us?
Dual Inventive respects your privacy. Your data will be deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of 1 year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.