Salary Range: £25,000.00-£30,000.00 per year, dependent on experience
Full Time, Permanent
Based: Doncaster UK (or Oisterwijk NL)
Who we are
Dual Inventive Group is an international technology-based solutions business which includes Dual Inventive, Core|Vision, Arcobel, AnyWare and The Decarbonisation Company. We specialise in the Internet of Things (IoT) and digitalisation and we work together to launch innovative products and technologies, helping us transform the rail sector by improving safety, efficiency and reliability.
What does the role Technical Author require?
We’re looking for someone with excellent English written and verbal communication skills, with a background in Engineering, to help us produce high quality documentation, including user manuals and training literature for our products and services. We need someone who’s meticulous about detail and capable of accurately translating complex processes into easy to understand, written form, for a variety of users. This could be an ideal position for a recent engineering graduate (for example) to join our friendly, dedicated team, helping us to build the future of rail.
- Compiling Technical Manuals and Operating Instructions for our Products and Services
- Cooperating with our Technology Centre to fully understand and convey the functionality of our Products and Services
- Updating existing documentation, as required, as new developments and updates are released
- Collecting, organising and coordinating complex technical information (including product images) for publication
- Working with our Comms teams to adhere to established terminology, house style and editorial quality standards
- Reviewing and editing material created by other departments, providing information clean-up and enrichment as well as basic proofreading and formatting
- Liaising with our Operations and Support teams to ensure that new materials are tested with the end user before publication
- Produce digital content, alongside the Comms team, for use in our E-learning
What you’ll bring to Dual Inventive
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft 365) and an affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Demonstrable practical competence and/or experience in electrical and/or engineering tasks
- A real focus on attention to detail
- The ability to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of your audience, and how to write guidance which serves them
- Able to maintain a high standard of performance whilst meeting critical timelines & targets
- Committed team player, who can also work confidently on their own
- Right to legally live and work in the UK (or NL if role NL based)
- Willing to occasionally travel and stay overnight
- Willing to travel to different Dual Inventive sites
- Full, clean driving license
- Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud is desirable, but not essential
What’s in it for you
- Mon to Fri, 40 hours
- Modern office facilities, free office lunches
- Opportunity for hybrid working
- Enhanced Holidays
- Regular team events
What’s our culture?
Our business is built around enjoying what we do, giving people the autonomy to be creative in an engaging and friendly work environment.
Our values: revolutionary, reliable and co-inventive define who we are and how our people and customers interact with us.
We’d love to hear from you if your values align with ours and you have the skills we’re looking for!
How to apply?
To apply for this exciting role of Technical Author, email email@example.com.
We are an international company, that’s why we’re proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work.
We recognise that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger – that is why we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran or any other characteristics protected by law.
We respect your privacy. Your data will be deleted four weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of one year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.