Do you enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting? Do you like to complete work carefully and to a high standard? Do you have a background in electronics? Join us as a Service and Maintenance Technician to help us build the future railway.
Who are we looking for?
Dual Inventive specialises in the use of technology in the railway, with safety of workers in the rail industry being our main focus. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Service and Maintenance Technician to join our growing team.
This permanent position would be well suited to an individual looking to start their career in the industry and to gain hands on experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Based in our Doncaster office, you will work closely with our UK and Netherlands Operations teams, helping to service our fleet of devices, both in the UK and Internationally, to ensure the successful delivery of our products and services to customers in the field.
A good understanding of both technology and the operation of the railway infrastructure would be helpful, but are not essential, to this role.
Your responsibilities as a Service and Maintenance Technician will be:
- Servicing and Maintaining our deployed devices (both electrical and mechanical aspects involved)
- Perform high precision calibration and adjustments using testing instruments
- Helping us to proactively monitor the functioning of all deployed equipment
- Working with our Support team, to provide help our users (this may require site visits and being on call)
- Testing returned PCB’s and applying modifications and repairs where needed
- Supporting the data gathering from testing and debugging of devices
- Supporting the Service and Maintenance Coordinator in their day-to-day work e.g. tool storage and management, ordering and specifying of consumables
- Ensure all work orders are maintained according to standard operating procedures
- Carry out final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high quality products
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work area
The requirements are:
- A technical background, ideally with a relevant bachelor’s degree, NVQ or BTEC qualification, including some practical experience
- Basic understanding of electrical principles
- Ability to work under pressure, to a high standard to meet targets
- Affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Strong communicator, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- UK resident, preferably living in the area of South Yorkshire
- Be willing to travel
- Be willing to, on occasion, work evening/night shifts and at weekends
- Full, clean driving license
Join us to help us build our vision of Ubiquitous Rail. Connecting everything, wirelessly.
Who are we?
Dual Inventive is a Dutch company, focussed on developing and better utilising the railways of today as a sustainable method of transport for the future. We design, develop and manufacture high tech equipment for the track environment. This is utilised in critical areas such as the taking of track possessions, improving safety of the workforce and the continuous monitoring of the infrastructure.
Our objective is to improve opportunities for working on and around the tracks. We also gather and share live data in a way that reduces the need for workers to access the track which improves the overall efficiency of the railway industry.
The rail network is undergoing its largest transformation in recent history, facing a unique series of challenges. We believe that our products can help operators to meet these challenges, without embarking on huge changes to the infrastructure. We work to innovate, using the latest technologies and applying them to the rail industry.
Building on successful deployments of our products around the UK, Dual Inventive is now looking to accelerate its growth by further establishing its practices, products and services around the country. Together with our team in the UK, supported by our head office in the Netherlands, you will be instrumental in helping this growth happen.
Why choose Dual Inventive?
Dual Inventive is a growing company, where we believe in allowing individuals to build on their strengths. It is important to us that you enjoy coming to work. We operate in a dynamic environment with a flat, informal organisational structure.
You will be given autonomy to carry out your responsibilities, allowing you the space to implement your own ideas, helping to improve the overall organisation.
To find out more about this role, or to apply for the position?
Please contact Gill Ross
Dual Inventive respects your privacy. Your data will be deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of 1 year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.