Do you enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting? Do you like to complete work carefully and to a high standard? Do you have a background in engineering and analysis? Join us as a Second Line Support Analyst to help us build the railway of the future.
Who are we looking for?
Dual Inventive specialises in the use of technology in the railway, with the safety of workers in the rail industry being our main focus. We have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Second Line Support Analyst to join our growing team.
This permanent position would be well suited to an individual looking to take the next step in their career, enabling them to gain hands on experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
As a Second Line Support Analyst, your focus will be on solving problems that need an in-depth and intimate understanding of our products and services. You will be responsible for handling escalations from our first line support. It is important that you are able to identify problems and patterns quickly and efficiently, by performing thorough investigation work.
Based at our Doncaster office and working closely with our Netherlands based Technology Centre, you will provide direct support to our UK and later, international, operations teams, ensuring that we provide successful deliveries and a quality service to our customer.
A good understanding of technology is essential in this role. A basic understanding of the rail industry would be helpful, but not essential.
Your responsibilities as a Second Line Support Analyst will be:
- To provide exceptional Service Support and Customer Service to our clients, via our ticket system, email and telephone
- Analysing problems by interpreting server logs, sensor data, geographical information and (mobile) data transfer information
- Providing solutions and work-arounds to respond to incidents and problems
- Working to SLA targets for incidents, requests and problems
- Prioritising and managing your own workload effectively
- Managing several open incidents/problems simultaneously
- Performing systems & performance monitoring
- Analysing and identifying trends in product issues and communicating these with the product-owner
The requirements are:
- A technology background, ideally with at least 2 years of experience supporting IoT products
- A relevant bachelor’s degree or NVQ qualification, including practical experience
- Experience working in a Customer Service role
- Ability to work under pressure, to a high standard to meet targets
- Affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Problem-solving mindset
- Strong communicator, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- UK resident, preferably living in the area of South Yorkshire
- Willing to travel
- Willing to, on occasion, work evening/night shifts and at weekends
- Full, clean driving license
Join us to help us build our vision of Ubiquitous Rail. Connecting everything, wirelessly.
Who are we?
Dual Inventive is a Dutch company, focussed on developing and better utilising the railways of today as a sustainable method of transport for the future. We design, develop and manufacture high tech equipment for the track environment. This is utilised in critical areas such as the taking of track possessions, improving safety of the workforce and the continuous monitoring of the infrastructure.
Our objective is to improve opportunities for working on and around the tracks. We also gather and share live data in a way that reduces the need for workers to access the track which improves the overall efficiency of the railway industry.
The rail network is undergoing its largest transformation in recent history, facing a unique series of challenges. We believe that our products can help operators to meet these challenges, without embarking on huge changes to the infrastructure. We work to innovate, using the latest technologies and applying them to the rail industry.
Building on successful deployments of our products around the UK, Dual Inventive is now looking to accelerate its growth by further establishing its practices, products and services around the country. Together with our team in the UK, supported by our head office in the Netherlands, you will be instrumental in helping this growth happen.
Why choose Dual Inventive?
Dual Inventive is a growing company, where we believe in allowing individuals to build on their strengths. It is important to us that you enjoy coming to work. We operate in a dynamic environment with a flat, informal organisational structure.
You will be given autonomy to carry out your responsibilities, allowing you the space to implement your own ideas, helping to improve the overall organisation.
To find out more about this role, or to apply for the position?
Please contact Gill Ross
Dual Inventive respects your privacy. Your data will be deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of 1 year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.