Assistant Service and Maintenance Technician
Who we are
Dual Inventive Group is an international technology-based solutions organisation; within the Group we have Dual Inventive, CoreVision, AnyWare and The Decarbonisation Company, all of which specialise in the Internet of Things (IoT) and digitalisation.
Working together enables us to develop and produce innovative products and technologies to help us transform the rail sector by improving safety, efficiency, productivity and reliability.
What does the role require?
We’re looking for someone who will thrive in a ‘hands-on’ operational role and enjoy working as part of our friendly, dedicated team in a revolutionary electronics and engineering environment. You’ll have sound IT skills, together with a practical, positive, ‘can do’ attitude and a real desire to learn. Whilst this is an entry-level role, we welcome applications from anyone of any age who fits the bill in terms of skills, knowledge and outlook. A genuine interest in the operation of the railway infrastructure would be beneficial too.
What you’ll do
- Clean, service and maintain our deployed devices (electrical and mechanical aspects)
- Perform high-precision calibration and adjustments
- Work with our Support team, to provide help to our users (including being on call once fully trained)
- Support the Service & Maintenance Technicians in their day-to-day work e.g. tool storage, ordering of consumables
- Ensure all work orders are maintained according to standard operating procedures
- Carry out final checks and adjustments to ensure rigorous product quality control
- Maintain a clean, safe and tidy work area and adhere to all HSQE policies & procedures
- Receive and organise deliveries of devices due for servicing or repair
- Maintain servicing trackers, asset registers and software
- Quality checks of devices (eg visual, torque, endurance)
- Liaising with the Dual Inventive team in the Netherlands
What you’ll bring
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft 365) and an affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Demonstrable practical competence and/or experience in electrical and/or engineering tasks
- A natural, problem-solving, analytical mind
- Able to focus on meeting critical timelines & targets
- Committed team player, who can also work confidently on their own
- Willing to occasionally travel and stay overnight
- Willing to travel to different Dual Inventive sites
- Full, clean driving licence
- Right to legally live and work in the UK
- A suitable Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification (ONC/HNC/BTEC) is desirable, but not essential
What’s in it for you
- Mon to Fri, 40 hours
- Modern office/workshop facilities, free parking, free office lunches
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Regular team events
- Employee Assistance Programme
What’s our culture?
Our business is built around enjoying what we do, giving people the autonomy to be creative in an engaging and friendly work environment.
Our values: revolutionary, reliable and co-inventive define who we are and how our people and customers interact with us.
We’d love to hear from you if your values align with ours and you have the skills we’re looking for!
How to apply?
To apply for this exciting role, email email@example.com.
We are an International company, that’s why we’re proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work.
We recognise that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger – that is why we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran or any other characteristics protected by law.
We respect your privacy. Your data will be deleted four weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of one year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.