Do you enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting? Do you like to complete work carefully and to a high standard? Do you have a background in electronics? Join us as a 1st Line Support Engineer to help us build the future railway.
Who are we looking for?
Dual Inventive specialises in the use of technology in the railway, with safety of workers in the rail industry being our main focus. We have an exciting new opportunity for a 1st Line Support Engineer to join our growing team.
This permanent position would be well suited to an individual looking to start their career in the industry and to gain hands on experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
Based in our Doncaster office, you will work closely with our UK and Netherlands Operations teams, helping to service our fleet of devices, both in the UK and Internationally, to ensure the successful delivery of our products and services to customers in the field.
A good understanding of both technology and the operation of the railway infrastructure would be helpful, but are not essential, to this role.
Your responsibilities as a 1st Line Support Engineer will be:
- Assisting our clients with issues and support, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate (1st line support – this may require site visits and being on call)
- Ticketing of client/internal issues
- Maintaining client companies and users, allocating new devices to the correct Companies following delivery
- Monitoring ticketing systems alongside 2nd line support to analyse trends
- Updating tickets with new information from clients/tests
- Troubleshooting returned devices, including repairs as needed
- Monitoring deployed devices for issues (current and proactive)
- Setting up control room alongside 2nd line support to identify issues prior to client, helping us to proactively monitor the functioning of all deployed equipment
- Gathering data from testing and debugging
- Supporting the Deployment team with new product introduction, developing product specifications and software for customers.
- Supporting the data gathering from testing and debugging of devices
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work area
- Training of junior staff and apprentices
- Training of our products and systems to client users
- Completing “Active Learning” training sessions for clients on our products
The requirements are:
- A technical background, ideally with a relevant Bachelor’s degree, NVQ or BTEC qualification, including some practical experience
- Understanding of UK rail industry, ideally with PTS and COSS tickets but not essential
- Basic understanding of electrical principles
- Ability to work under pressure, to a high standard to meet targets
- Affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Strong communicator, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- UK resident
- Willing to travel
- Willing to, on occasion, work evening/night shifts and at weekends
- Full, clean driving license
Join us to help us build our vision of Ubiquitous Rail. Connecting everything, wirelessly.
What will you get in return?
- Open culture, flat organisation
- A great amount of autonomy
- An organization with clear ambitions and goals, an explicit mission
- Innovation as a standard
Who are we?
Dual Inventive is a revolutionary company, focused on developing and improving the railways of today, as a sustainable method of transport for the future. We design, develop and manufacture high-tech equipment for the track environment. Our products see daily use, improving the safety of the workforce and continuously monitoring the infrastructure.
Our objective is to improve the efficiency of the UK rail network, by reducing the number of delays. We achieve this through remotely gathering and sharing live data, thereby only sending workers to the tracks when needed, enabling them to work safely with as much information as possible.
The rail network is undergoing its largest transformation in recent history, facing a unique series of challenges. We believe that our products can help operators to meet these challenges without huge changes to the infrastructure required. We work to innovate, using the latest technologies and applying them to the rail industry.
Building upon successful deployments of our products, Dual Inventive is now looking to accelerate its growth within the UK by further establishing its practices, products and services around the country. Working together with our team in the UK, and supported by our head office in the Netherlands, you will play a large part in shaping the railway of tomorrow.
To apply for this role, please submit your cv and covering letter to:
If you need more information or would like to discuss this role further please call Gill Ross on: 03300 169033
Dual Inventive respects your privacy. Your data will be deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of 1 year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.