Do you enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting? Do you like to complete work carefully and to a high standard? Do you have a background in electronics? If so, Dual Inventive has a unique opportunity for you to join our friendly, dedicated team, helping us to build the future of rail.
Based in outstanding modern premises in Doncaster, with ample free parking, Dual Inventive specialises in the use of technology in the railway, with the safety of rail workers as our priority.
Who are we looking for?
This permanent position would be well suited to an individual looking to start their career in the industry and gain hands on experience in a dynamic and supportive environment.
You will work closely with our UK and Netherlands Operations teams, helping to service our fleet of devices, both in the UK and Internationally, to ensure the successful delivery of our products and services to customers in the field.
A good understanding of both technology and the operation of the railway infrastructure would be helpful, but are not essential, to this role.
Your responsibilities as a 1st Line Support Engineer will be:
- Assisting our clients with issues and support, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate (1st line support – this may require site visits and being on call)
- Ticketing of client/internal issues
- Maintaining client companies and users, allocating new devices to the correct companies following delivery
- Monitoring ticketing systems alongside 2nd line support to analyse trends
- Updating tickets with new information from clients/tests
- Troubleshooting returned devices, including repairs as needed
- Updating firmware on devices either at our offices or on site/client warehouses
- Monitoring deployed devices for issues (current and proactive)
- Setting up control room alongside 2nd line support to identify issues prior to client, helping us to proactively monitor the functioning of all deployed equipment
- Gathering data from testing and debugging
- Supporting the Deployment team with new product introduction, developing product specifications and software for customers.
- Supporting the data gathering from testing and debugging of devices
- Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work area
- Training of junior staff and apprentices
- Training of our products and systems to client users
- Assisting the Deployment team with Completing “Active Learning” training sessions for clients on our products when workload peaks
The requirements are:
- A technical background, ideally with a relevant Bachelor’s degree, NVQ or BTEC qualification, including some practical experience
- Understanding of UK rail industry, ideally with PTS and COSS tickets but not essential
- Basic understanding of electrical principles
- Ability to work under pressure, to a high standard to meet targets
- Affinity with technology (learning new systems)
- Strong communicator, with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
- UK resident
- Willing to travel
- Willing to, on occasion, work evening/night shifts and at weekends
- Full, clean driving license
What will you get in return?
- Open culture, flat organisation
- A great amount of autonomy
- An organization with clear ambitions and goals, an explicit mission
- Innovation as a standard
To apply for this role
Please sumbit your cv and covering letter to email@example.com
If you need more information or would like to discuss this role further please call Clare Marzano on: 03300 169033
Join us to help us build our vision of Ubiquitous Rail. Connecting everything, wirelessly.
Dual Inventive respects your privacy. Your data will be deleted 4 weeks after the end of the application procedure. If you have given us permission to do so, we will store your data for a maximum of 1 year. After the expiry of the storage period, we remove the data.